The BEST vegan fried rice! Of course, you can add whatever protein you would like, but this is a great base!
This is so easy to throw together, and with our Wild Rice Blend, is super filling and full of protein.
- 3 cups cooked rice (1 cup uncooked Wild Rice Blend)
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil (or cooking oil/water of your choice)
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup chopped onion (about ½ onion)
- ½ cup frozen or fresh peas
- ½ cup frozen or fresh carrots (finely chopped)
- ½ cup frozen or fresh shelled edamame
- 2 Tbsp green onions (optional, as topping)
1. Cook the rice according to package.
2. Once rice has been cooked, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Chop the veggies, set aside edamame and peas. Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and sesame oil to form a thin sauce.
3. Add oil to a wok, and sautee the onion for about 2-3 minutes, or until translucent. Then add the rest of the veggies, and cook until tender. A few minutes should be enough.
4. Add in the rice and the sauce, stir it in well. Cook for another 3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Top with green onions and any other topping you'd like!
Fried Rice can be stored in a closed container for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 3 weeks!