Welcome to burger season!
We're happy to be enjoying the summer weather, and of course we celebrate with good food. We like to change it up from the traditional a bit, so we've prepared this Herby Butternut Squash Veggie Burger. Recipe below - enjoy!
- 2 cups Floating Leaf Ancient Fields Blend, cooked (works well for binding)
- ½ mid-sized Butternut Squash, halved and roasted
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Generous handful of fresh herbs (parsley, dill, cilantro – or to your liking), chopped
- Handful of bread crumbs (we used pea “crumbs” just because I had them on hand)
- Ground cumin and coriander (to your taste)
- Tiny pinch of cayenne or chili powder,
- Pinch of smoked or sweet paprika
- S+P to taste
Scoop roasted squash and combine with all ingredients in a big bowl. Mix well to ensure squash is well incorporated. Should be a little more wet, not too crumbly.
After shaping the patties, pan-fry to crisp the edges and finish in the oven to heat through.
Use condiments of your choice and top with your favourite fixings - we used @smakdabmustard White Wine Herb mustard, brie (melted) and arugula.