Spring Risotto with Ancient Field Blend, Peas, Mint, and ricotta 😍
What's a rice business without delicious risotto recipe? We hope this inspires you to get in the kitchen today!
• 1+1/2 cups Ancient Field Blend (you can use ANY of our blends in all of our recipes!)
• 1 Tbsp Butter
• 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
• Salt to taste
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 1 small onion or 2 shallots - diced
• 6 cups chicken or veg stock (warmed)
• 3 cups fresh or frozen peas
• 1/2 cup parmesan cheese or pecorino
• 1/4 cup ricotta
• Fresh Mint
• Warm broth to a low simmer in a separate pot.
• Blend 2 cup peas and with 2 cups stock. Set aside
• Heat butter and oil in a medium to large dutch oven, or sauce pan at medium heat. Cook onion, stirring frequently until soft but not brown. Add rice and wine to deglaze the pan if desired. After the wine has mostly evaporated, add a ladle full of broth. Stir constantly and reduce, season with salt, once reduced add another ladle full of broth until and repeat, it should take approximately 3-4 for each to be absorbed. Around 30 minutes until rice is al dente.
• Add peas, pea puré, and parmesan and stir to incorporate. Taste, and season.
Divide evenly into bowls. Top with pepper, ricotta and garnish with mint.
Find similar articlesancient blendancient field blendrisottovegetarian